Back in October, we explained how you can pass D4 and what manager training would help you obtain your FORS V5 accreditation. Since the implantation of these rules, FORS has a revision to D4 Managers Training requirements which we will explain below.
Our previous blog (FORS Bronze manager training D4 are you ready?) detailed that Manager training for the Transport Manager (or appointed responsible person) must be completed by no later than the 1st January 2020. However, for reasons unknown to us, (but we suspect that it is because so many operators have failed their audits since the 1st January 2020 on D4), FORS have made a U-turn with a revision to D4 Managers Training. They are now allowing manager training to be booked and paid for, for a future date. The Operator must provide evidence of a booking confirmation and paid invoice at the time of audit. The Operator will still receive a minor action point against D4, but essentially this will be a pass.
What does this mean?
It means that you can still pass your upcoming audit even if you do not fully conform to the requirements of D4, the only proviso being that if you evidence a booking confirmation, but do not actually complete an approved managers course (listed below) by the time of the next audit, that minor action point will automatically become a major action point and you will fail your future audit.
What can I do?
Simple, get the training booked and paid for & evidence this at your audit. You can choose from the list of approved courses below.
The preferred Courses:
- Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence
- FORS Professional Fleet Management Essentials
- FORS Approved Training course on fleet management (The ONLY FORS approved MANAGER courses are here
- Transport Managers CPC refresher.
- OLAT (Operator License Awareness Training) courses – the approved companies can be found here, under Fleet Management training.
Or FORS will accept:
Operator licence awareness courses delivered by professional bodies that are referenced in the Senior Traffic Commissioner Statutory Documents 1 and 3 are automatically FORS Approved. These professional bodies are:
- British Association of Removers
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
- Confederation of Passenger Transport
- Freight Transport Association
- Institute of Road Transport Engineers
- Institute of Transport Administrators
- Road Haulage Association
- Society of Operations Engineers
* Please note that neither eLearning nor FORS Practitioner will cover this requirement if your organisation holds an Operator license. If your organisation does NOT hold an Operator License, then working towards FORS Practitioner or obtaining FORS Practitioner qualification meets the requirement of D4. Any two workshops from workshops 1/2/3/4/5/6 will meet this training objective.
Need help with FORS?
TMconsultant offer a no-fuss, easy and affordable FORS Help solution to help you attain your FORS Bronze accreditation. For more information get in touch!